The Canadian Mineral Analysts Association (CMA) was formed in
Noranda, Quebec in October 1969 with the following objectives.
- Maintain close liaison between the laboratories of the Canadian Mining Industry.
- Assist in developing and sharing methods for analysis of all elements.
- Assist in developing and sharing methods of sample preparation, work flow, etc.
- Compile methods manuals for distribution to members (two methods manuals and a quality assurance manual have been published to date.)
- Hold annual meetings for the presentation of papers on practical applications of analytical methods and the exhibition of new instrumentation and new products available to the industry by their manufacturers.
- Provide scholarships to students in mineral sciences and chemical technology courses at colleges across Canada.
The Canadian Mineral Analysts is a supporter of the Certified Assayers Foundation of British Columbia,
an organization which helps finance administration of the B.C. Assayers Certification Program and encourages
young people to become assayers (www.bcassayer.com).
The CMA provides donations to be used in support of their program.
Membership in the Canadian Mineral Analysts is open to all analysts employed in the mineral industry or to
other technical personnel directly connected with the provision of analyses. This includes metallurgists and
mill superintendents who are responsible for the operation of analytical laboratories, analysts at smelters,
refineries, custom, and research laboratories as well as analysts in manufacturers laboratories, equipment
designers, lab suppliers, and educators in institutions for the education and training of analysts.
The CMA has a members from most Canadian provinces as well as world wide membership including members from New Zealand,
U.S.A, Africa, and South America.)
| About Us |
CMA Contacts |
Membership List |
Past Conferences |
| Individual Membership |
Corporate Membership |
Annual General Meetings |
| Newsletters |
| Members Only |
© Copyright 2000-2020 Canadian Mineral Analysts -
Created and Maintained by: Internet WebDeZines